Office Phone (440) 988-5894 - x102
Office Fax (440) 988-5877
Senior Service Office hours Mon-Fri, 8 AM noon.
To ensure a continued quality of life for the older adult residents of Amherst Township, we exist to help all township residents over the age of 60 maintain their independence and freedom to live with dignity.
Services We Now Offer
- Home-delivered meals (Hot, home-cooked meals provided by AVI Food Systems, Nordson Corporation's cafeteria's food service, Monday thru Friday. Three meal options are available - entrée, sandwich & soup and soup & salad, with meal costs from $5.00 - $5.50 per day. The program is available to Amherst and Henrietta Township residents over 60 and those over 18 in both communities who are disabled. Low-income seniors over 60 and disabled may be eligible for reduced rates. Call the office for more details.)
Medicare and supplemental insurance counseling
- Referrals to area senior service providers
- Support Services (One-on one help assessing needs, filling out applications, referring or linking to service agencies or programs, scheduling or assisting with appointments and following up to make sure that the help needed has been obtained.)
- Snowplowing volunteers (Assistance in locating help with snow removal.)
- Absentee ballots available one month prior to elections
- Referrals for help with income tax preparation
To Add More Services, We Need Your Help!
If you would be willing to volunteer on a weekly or as-needed basis, please stop in today or call the office. Currently we are looking for volunteers to help with our meal delivery. We pay $.40/mile to offset our fuel cost.
Click Here to view current Senior Gazette.